Sending an email message from within MetaCard (John Kiltinen)

andu undo at cloud9.net
Fri May 31 15:00:01 EDT 2002

--On Friday, May 31, 2002 13:49:33 -0400 Ian Gordon
<ian.gordon2 at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It can be done with the shell command on Unix systems. I also recall
> someone (Andu?) writing a mail stack that worked great (el-mail) - but i
> can't find the reference in the archives.

Trouble with that stack is that it requires input of SMTP server which
seemed to be a problem in this application. A combination of cgi and
shell()  I think is the most decent approach and I'm willing to share such
a script given John decides to go this way.