MetaCard 2.4.3 alpha 2

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Thu May 30 13:30:01 EDT 2002

| Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:04:45 -0600 (MDT)
| From: Scott Raney <raney at metacard.com>
| To: metacard at lists.runrev.com
| Subject: MetaCard 2.4.3 alpha 2
|
| MetaCard 2.4.3 alpha 2 is now available in the directory
| ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/2.4.3/
|
| See the README file in that directory for more information.
|   Scott

Scott,

When I tried to use a newer interpreter than 2.4 on RH Linux 6.2, I got
an error message that indicated the gnu C shared libraries had to be a
newer version.

I am concerned that if I do this, a lot of programs using the older
libraries might break.  And that, not being an expert in this area,
I may not be able to fix things.

Or even if so, I am fearful it would be excessive effort.  Upgrading to
the newest RH would likely be a very excessive effort for me, I would
probably only do so by buying a new computer, installing from scratch,
and getting all the multitude of services running (eg, linking the tape
drive drivers to the kernel, etc, etc) before moving my data over to it
and  putting it up as my live web server.

Can you allay these fears or offer any suggestions?  Is it possible to
get a version of 2.4.3 compiled for RH 6.2?

Thanks,
Sadhu