converting EPS to MetaCard poligons

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 22:28:01 EDT 2002

> Anyway to improve that ?

yes, I don't comment the code so is my fault:

In the handler "on Bezier" in the card script:
where it says

Repeat with i = 1 TO 100
    put i * .01 into v1

you can change it to:

Repeat with i = 1 TO 50
    put i * .02 into v1
or
Repeat with i = 1 TO 25
    put i * .04 into v1
or
Repeat with i = 1 TO 200
    put i * .005 into v1
etc,

jbv wrote
on Mon, 27 May 2002 11:04:35 -0700
Very interesting & promising attempt.

     The problem however seems to be aliasing
     of the rendered graphics.
     Is there any way to improve that ?
     I didn't have much time to spend on this,
     so I simply tried to increase the number
     of steps in the Bezier computation, but
     the final graphic gets all messed up when
     the # of steps is different from 100.

     Anyway to improve that ?

     JB

     > Hello, to every member in the list.
     >
     > This time, I've experiment a bit with
     > math and beziers and the result is a rough
     > importer of eps graphics to metacard:
     >
     > http://ffc.virtualave.net/EPStoMetaCard.zip
     > http://ffc.virtualave.net/EPStoMetaCard.sit
     >
     > These poligonal objects could be useful in
     > some cases. There is wide room for improvement
     > in these trial, so feel free to add your own
     > math and programming skills to this first
intent.