Beta 2.4.3A1 - PPC problems

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Mon May 27 10:17:01 EDT 2002

>On Macintosh PPC OS 8.6:
>
>Cannot open sockets anymore.
>
>Error from Stand-alone built with the 2.4.3A1 engine ("cannot be
>opened because it might be damaged, or might not run on this
>computer").
>
>Error on MetaCard application open ("version of MCTools is different
>from engine").
>
>Getting the file dialog to open seems to take longer.
>

>Windows 98SE:
>
>Everything seems fine.

I had problems of the same type, so last week I reported to Scott Raney:
" The download of MacOSPPC.sit contains "mctools" from 7 April and
engine from 17 May, which yields Warning:  tools stack version
(2.4.2) does not match the engine version (2.4.3A1)". He replied that
a new alpha will be due this weekend (26 May). It has not yet
appeared, but any day now...

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
Norway