XML Library Beta Available

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun May 26 22:17:00 EDT 2002

Hello, everyone... I have been working on a W3C-compliant script library for
parsing XML in MetaCard. My intention is to make it available in three
forms: A Basic form that acts like a callable "plugin" that allows for
reading XML data and working with its nodes (which is free and is a locked
stack), a Standard form that allows for reading and writing XML data (which
is to be sold probably for $19.99 as an unlocked stack w/source code), and a
Professional version that includes DTD/Schema support.

I currently have the Standard version available for beta testing to anyone
who is interested. It requires MC 2.4.2 or later (since it makes heavy use
of the fabulous Perl Compatible Regular Expressions library). The following
functions (methods) are supported:

    XMLLoadData

Document Management Methods
    XMLCreateDocument
    XMLDeleteDocument
    XMLGetDocuments

Node Methods
    XMLCreateNode
    XMLDeleteNode
    XMLGetNode
    XMLGetNodeName
    XMLGetNodeType
    XMLGetRoot
    XMLIsEmptyElement

Parent/Child Methods
    XMLAppendChild
    XMLCountChildren
    XMLCountNamedChildren
    XMLGetChildren
    XMLGetFirstChild
    XMLGetNamedChildren
    XMLGetLastChild
    XMLGetNextSibling
    XMLGetParent
    XMLGetPrevSibling
    XMLHasChildren

Text Methods
    XMLGetCDATA
    XMLGetText

Attribute Methods
    XMLCountAttributes
    XMLCreateAttribute
    XMLDeleteAttribute
    XMLGetAttribute
    XMLGetAttributes
    XMLHasAttribute
    XMLSetAttribute

Anyone who is interested to beta test this please send me an email me
off-list.

Thanks!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software