MetaCard 2.4.3 / externals?

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Tue May 21 13:55:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002 Yennie at aol.com wrote:

> The million dollar question for me... how do I use externals with the new
> release? My 2.4.2 stacks with CODE resources all crash immediately when
> launched. Do I need to somehow add externals to the bundle? Do I compile a
> UNIX-style external with ProjectBuilder- if so, will that work if I link
> against Carbon libs?

Unfortunately there is no practical way to support access to CODE
resources from Mach-O executables (the Mach-O to CFM bridge only works
one direction), so you will have to recompile your externals.  And the
new dynamic loading stuff isn't finished yet, so you'll also have to
wait a bit longer.  The new external system will work more like it
does on Win32, where the externals are specified by name in a stack
property rather than loading automatically from the resource fork of a
stack like it does on MacOS.
  Regards,
    Scott