Absolute paths for Quicktime movies?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri May 17 17:14:01 EDT 2002

Yennie at aol.com wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 10:12:27 EDT

> What do your relative paths look like? The following works for me:
>
> set the fileName of player 1 to "./Movies/MyMovie.mov"
>
> Perhaps you need the "."?
>
> Regards,
> Brian

On Fri, 17 May 2002 11:25:31 +0200 Klaus Major <kmajor at metascape.org>
wrote

> > Apparently, unlike to referencing images and sounds, you still cannot
> > use relative paths with Quicktime movies.
>

> I am using relative paths for QT movies for years.
> (Or at least since MC supports QT on win  [;-)]
>
> (snip)
>
> Regards
>

> Klaus Major
> kmajor at metascape.org

Thanks for the responses. I am sorry, but these relative paths do not
work here.

They worked - for years - with earlier versions, but not with the latest
Metacard version on Windows 98. I tried on two different computers. No
problems with image and sound files, but with mov-files.

What works from any drive is

"put the effective filename of this stack into NewPath
  set the itemdel to "/"
  delete last item of NewPath
put "/whatever.mov" after last item of NewPath
set the filename of Player 1 to NewPath".

Regards and thanks,

Wilhelm Sanke