Japanese Help

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri May 17 01:30:01 EDT 2002

Any folks on the list have experience displaying Japanese text in MetaCard
on Windows?

I'm displaying several lines of Japanese text in fields and buttons and I've
run up against an issue I can't solve: the source Japanese text contains
various strings of Roman character words.  If I set the textFont of the text
to a Japanese font, the Roman characters become gibberish.  If I set the
textFont of the containing field or button to a Japanese font, the entire
text seems to get garbled as well.  This problem also seems to occur with
Traditional Chinese and Korean, but strangely, Simplified Chinese appears to
work as expected.

Has anyone found a reliable way to display a text in MC that contains a mix
of single and double byte characters?  I'm running up against a major
deadline (Friday) so thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design