picture size

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Sun May 5 17:47:03 EDT 2002

Robert Brenstein wrote:

> Thanks guys. This is exactly what I need. I did not catch that the
> filename property is actually a filepath that allows me to swap the
> image content dynamically (and the image object resizes accordingly).
>
> I do not want to import these images. These are external files and I
> just need to acquire their sizes dynamically. The MC version of my HC
> script is thus (having already created an invisible image object):
>
> set the filename of image "tmp" to fpath
> get the formattedheight of image "tmp"
> get the formattedwidth of image "tmp"
> set the filename of image "tmp" to empty

FWIW, the width and height properties should return the same dimensions as
the formattedwidth and formattedheight, providing the image object in
question has it's lockLocation property set to false.

I love the self-consistency of MetaTalk.  Raney's a hard person to please
when it comes to suggesting language features, but given how many funky
syntax workarounds he's managed to avoid it seems well worth his stringent
evaluation process -- the result is arguably the most full-featured xTalk,
and with the fewest syntactic exceptions to keep in minds when using it.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site