netscape/mozilla

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu May 2 12:41:01 EDT 2002

>Does anyone know in what language are Mozilla and Netscape 6.x
>written? Is it Java? (if yes, then it should be as illegal as
>anything microsoft, IMO)
>With the exception of html rendering everything else is extremely
>slow and sluggish... when it works. The only reason I'm insisting
>using this stupid Mozilla/Netscape application is for its emailer
>which provides multiple accounts and spell checking, otherwise for
>browsing I'm content with Opera.

But if email is the only reason to use Netscape, why don't you switch
to sth like Eudora. It also supports spell checking and multiple
accounts (although its philosophy/interface differs). You can check
it out and even use for free if you don't mind a small window with
ads sitting in a corner. I use it for handling 5 email accounts on 3
different servers.

Robert