Midi xcmds

Xsyscontrols at aol.com Xsyscontrols at aol.com
Wed May 1 20:33:01 EDT 2002

> You must have missed the discussion with Scott about this on the
> HyperCard list -- the short answer is, "no". The long answer is: it
> could be done if someone were willing to learn the MIDI file format and
> write the script-to-binary translations. Also, the main requirement is
> that the person who tackles this project must be intrepid. :)

 I wrote an entire suite of midi xcmds for Hypercard several years ago called
MidiToolz (http://www.rcsprogramming.com/MidiToolz/MidiToolz.html)...but they
require Apple's Midi Manager. If there is already a way to access each OS's
respective 'midi manager' from MetaCard, let me know...I would love to update
all of that work to something more compatible.

John Rule
www.rcsprogramming.com