Embedded mt scripts [WAS Re: Text editors]

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 1 13:10:01 EDT 2002

On 5/1/02 1:39 PM, jbv wrote:

> IMHO turning Javascript off is not a really good idea, because it also
> turns off a wide range of possibilities for dynamic content in HTML
> pages.

Yes, but turning it off prevents popup and popunder ad windows from
displaying. I hate those. Now that I have started using the new Mozilla
browser, there is an option to stop popup windows while still leaving
javascript turned on, so that's what I do.

But when designing web pages, I think it is a good idea to keep in mind
that lots of people run their browsers without Java or Javascript -- and
a web site will lose those people if the pages rely exclusively on those
abilities. So that's why I wanted to embed mt-generated text using only
the most basic tags.

Thanks for the info about innerText and innerHTML -- I didn't know about
those.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com