Building standalones

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Thu Mar 21 15:50:00 EST 2002

> As this is for compiling on Mac, OSX and Windows, a resource fork is
> out.
>
> Attempting a build once, compile three times scenario :-)
>
> So presumably I'd just paste the preferred icon in the finder window? I
> remember in Hypercard, that was not the optimal choice, and I'd go into
> the resource fork...
Because all your mac flavors will have a resource fork, you should use
it for your icons.  On OS X, you have to really dive in there with
resedit to get your  icons to look just right.

> But the goal is NOT to have a resource fork, so I'm definitely trying
> to learn a new way for this.
There is no way around not have a resource fork.  Your app must have one
once it is a standalone.  All kinds of data is managed there anyways.
MC puts its standard icons there.

> Is there a icon id # I can use to embed a custom icon, and have
> Metacard use it?  Or would the goal be to edit the icon stack of
> Metacard (the one that gets embedded...?)
On the Win side of things, you can set the icons from within the
standalone builder.

-Mark Talluto