Temporary picts

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Wed Mar 20 18:43:00 EST 2002

On Wednesday, March 20, 2002, at 10:29 AM, Shari wrote:

>> Of course, another option is just to combine all the sounds using a
>> sound editing program and save the result as a single sound file. Then
>> you have the illusion of multiple sounds but you only have to play one.
>
> I use the same sounds in several pieces of code, but not in the same
> order/format.  I do this with virtually every program I create.  I use
> sounds a lot and it's not uncommon for a program to have 50 sounds or
> more.  Blackjack and Poker have about 200 sounds each. Used at
> different times and in different combinations.

This is what I would do.  Set up all of your sounds and music in one
file.  Put a one second delay in between all the sounds.  Then you write
down the order in which all the sounds are laid out.  Know the timing of
each sound and you can have QT play from 10 seconds into the file up to
15 seconds.  Do this with as many players as you like and you can really
go to town.

The only hard part is the setup.  Once it is done though you have a
solution that will be easy to use through the program.  You could even
write a small randomizer that would call on random tracks if you like
and play them.

-Mark Talluto