Temporary picts

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 20 14:04:00 EST 2002

>good idea. MC marketing can handle the idea that
>you have to do some extra coding, but if sound &
>graphics are lacking some people will go for
>something like Director or Max first.
>
>i am hoping for a one stop authoring tool.

Erik,

Me too, and I did choose Metacard for it.  I am very frustrated by
the sound situation at the moment, but there are features you don't
hear a lot about.

Initially I was disheartened by the lack of choices of visual
effects.  Metacard had several, but was missing some of my favorites
from Hypercard.  Scott turned me on to "answer effect".  You have
every effect known to man available to you, through Quicktime.

"answer effect" opens a dialog and you create an effect, which gets
saved into the "it" variable.  You end up with a very long string of
characters, that "describe" this effect.  In your program, you can
store this string of characters in a global variable or custom
property, and call it up.

if the string is in global variable eyeballEffect

global eyeballEffect
show image someImage with visual effect eyeballEffect

or if it's in a custom property called eyeballEffect on cd 1

get the eyeballEffect of cd 1
show image someImage with visual effect it

I got so excited when this discovery opened up to me, my fella didn't
know what to do with me, I was up here hooting and hollering and all
revved up.  He had to come see what the fuss was about :-)

I created a little stack to create visual effects and store the
string in a field, so that I could copy/paste it into my projects.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com