Temporary picts

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Mar 18 13:28:01 EST 2002

On Monday, March 18, 2002, at 04:43  AM, Shari wrote:

> If I wanted to show a temporary graphic in Hypercard, I'd use addColor
> colorPict.
>
> I could use this to create 50 duplicate images of a graphic, moving
> across the screen randomly, leaving a trail of graphics behind. Without
> needing 50 objects to link the graphics to.
>
> Is there a way to do this in Metacard?  Show a graphic temporarily, not
> linked to an object (not requiring that I have 50 or 100 image
> objects), then be able to wipe the images away with a visual effect?

One way is buttons.  You won't need 50 image objects, but you will need
50 button objects, of which you set the icon to the ID of whatever
source image you have.

set the icon of btn movingBtn1 to the id of img sourceImg
repeat with x = 2 to 50
   clone btn movingBtn1
   set the name of last btn to ("movingBtn" & x)
end repeat

You should wind up with 50 buttons all referencing the same source image
(make sure you disable all the properties of the original button so it
doesn't look or respond like a button object).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director, Tactile Media
scott at tactilemedia.com