properties stack freezing up

Jacqueline Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 13 22:21:00 EST 2002

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 09:07 PM, erik hansen wrote:

> when attempting to write something in an object's
> properties stack, like a name or icon number, the
> little stack goes blank when i press a letter
> key.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean you are trying to
assign new properties to an object by using the property editor? (I always
call it the "properties dialog" out of habit, though you are right it is
really just a stack.)

> i thought it might be something i was not setting
> up, and re-took the tutorials, but i can't figure
> out why this happens. my older objects seem to be
> ok. sometimes i get this:
>
> <<<
> go to card (word 1 of ctype && "properties")
> if the lookAndFeel is "Macintosh" or the
> lookAndFeel is "Appearance Manager"
> then set the textsize of button 1 to 10 # <HERE>
> else set the textsize of button 1 to empty
> send "getprops" to this card

It looks like you might be getting a bug from one of MetaCard's scripts. I
get those too occasionally, usually from the control browser. If you can
reproduce it with a short example, send the report in to bugs at metacard.com

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com