Stray lines

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Wed Mar 13 16:40:00 EST 2002

Ray Horsley <ray at linkitonline.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get rid of stray lines which remain on
> screen after using a pulldown button?  I'm getting a border where
> the pulldown's rectangular area of contents opened on mouseDown.
> I've only found this on Windows 98 (it was a Dell OptiPlex, GXA
> machine).

This is a screen driver bug.  You'll most likely have to update the
drivers to the latest version from the vendor.  In some cases turning
acceleration to its lowest level in the System and/or Display control
panels will also work around the problem, but in some other cases (and
Dells that shipped with Windows 98 are among the worst in this
respect) the only reliable solution is to get a newer (and better)
graphics card.
  Regards,
    Scott