Feature request: open stack visuals

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Mar 13 13:38:01 EST 2002

At 10:21 AM -0500 3/13/02, Shari wrote:
>It's tough because there are still XCMD's I'd love to use, one specifically that queries Internet Config for the user name, or ones that get the specific machine id (I've followed that thread and tried out the final piece of code that was cross platform, but it produced a popup dialog window asking for the location of Apple System Profiler, as mine is not in the Apple folder.  I figure if mine isn't, others aren't, and I'd rather avoid having someone else get that dialog and wanting to know what it's all about.)

I don't remember the original post very well, but if it was an AppleScript, the dialog is avoidable. Check out:

<http://www.AppleScriptSourcebook.com/tips/tellbyvariable.html> and
<http://www.AppleScriptSourcebook.com/tips/launchbycreator.html>

If for any reason they're not available, check with me off-list -- I have the text.

regards,

Geoff