Audio chopped off with player filename change

ScottYang at aol.com ScottYang at aol.com
Mon Mar 11 01:31:01 EST 2002

Finally changing to 2.4 and 2.4.1, but am regretting it a bit.  Audio and
animation is an integral of my project.  Here's the problem.

I make use of alot of short sound clips by changing the filename, eg.

set the filename of player "sndeffect" to "sound1"

But every other sound that is played the beginning of the sound clip is
chopped off.  This only happens with changes to the filename of the sound
clip.  If the Filename of the player was never changed the sound will be find
each time the Play or Start command is used.  ONly with changes to filename
will this phenonemon occur.  Buffering didn't help.  Setting the filename to
"empty" didn't help.  This has to be a bug.
I'm using a mac.

scott