Imported image

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Fri Mar 8 02:39:01 EST 2002

>Klaus Major said:
>

>>  ??? I never had problems with this...
>  > The filename should be empty...???

Actually, the id was just a remnant of one of my many tests.

>  > on mouseup
>>     put img 2 into img 1
>>  end mouseup
>>
>>  just tested works on win and mac...
>>
>>  Isn't computing fun...? ;-)
>
>I've found that for best results (i.e., display what you want), I
>first set the
>fileName of the object to empty, then set the fileName of the object, then "go
>this card" in order to force an update.

Computing is fun; quirks are even more hilarious  ... ;-)

I have tested the same image both on MacOS 8.5.1 and on Win2000 in
the way you have suggested:

set the filename of img "bilde" to empty
put img "banner" of cd "ekstra" into img "bilde"
go this cd

Still no success.
However, on both platforms the image is nicely displayed when I use a
button and set its icon to the id of img "banner" (set the icon of
btn "bildeny" to 1469).

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
Norway