MetaCard Spreadsheet/Gradebook

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Tue Mar 5 11:26:01 EST 2002

Dear Fellow Scripters,

I've just finished a Beta release of the Gradebook section of LinkIt!
Software.  I mentioned this project a few weeks ago when there was much
accolade welcoming MetaCard 2.4.2's improvements in using fields as grids to
simulate a table.  I had over a dozen responses from my note, very
encouraging, thank you, so I thought I'd announce; you can download it at
LinkItOnline.Com for either Mac or Windows.

It's the first real spreadsheet-like interface I've seen in a MetaCard
project, and it works quite well.  Current features include:

   Column and row selection
   Vertical and horizontal scrolling (first column locked)
   Column and row selection
   Contiguous and non-contiguous cell selection
   Store comments behind cells and column headings
   Cut, copy and pasting cells (includes text styles and comments)
   Set text style, and color for individual cells
   Set color for grid lines and borders
   Set text, font, size and line height for overall table
   Add/delete/insert columns and rows
   No practical limit on number of rows and columns per gradebook
   No practical limit on number of grading terms per file
   Columns, gradebooks, and terms are easily renamed
   Adjust column width by dragging double arrow cursor
   Select all button in top left corner
   Saving gradebook is a tiny compressed file of user data only
   Save user data to or fetch it from a web site
   Sorting by any column
   Move columns and rows manually with arrow keys
   Password protection
   Printing of main spread sheet (gradebook) and student reports
   Hide/Show columns
   User data is automatically saved

Please don't hesitate to give me any feedback on this project if you're
interested.

Thanks!

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software