Quick Time stuttering

Mark Lacy mlacy at lpsoftware.com
Fri Mar 1 13:33:36 EST 2002

List Members,

I am trying to deal with some problems of poor Quick Time performance in my
stack (MetaCard 2.4.1). I am struggling with this for a client's project.

They have Dells with 256 MB of Ram on a WIN 2000 system and after playing
4-6 video clips  the video starts become VERY choppy though the audio track
keeps playing fine. The video clips are playing in a single Player Object
on one card in my stack. Each time the user hits the "next" button on my
card the player assigns a new file to the filename property of the Player
and changes some text.

Below are some of the things I found in the archive and have had my client
try but they haven't made much difference:

a) downloading the latest video drivers for their systems

b) disabling video acceleration

c) setting QuickTime to run in "safe mode" only

d) disabling virus protection software

Any suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Mark

Mark Lacy
LetterPress Software, Inc.