Cgi stuff...

Richard MacLemale rmaclema at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 29 13:53:00 EDT 2002

I figured out my own answer by looking at ads for existing "groupware
calendar" programs on the Internet.  Each user will have his/her own
"calendar," which will actually be a stack.  The stack will have 12 cards
(one for each month) and 31 fields per card (for each day.)

Each user will also have "configuration" info in their stacks, including
"group" membership.  Users can choose which "group" calendars will have
access to their personal calendar.  When a person chooses a group calendar,
it will read each user's stack and compile the group calendar on the fly,
including data only from the users that want their info displayed in that
group calendar.

By doing it this way, the only person who has "write" access to a stack is
the person who owns it - so that gets around the problem of having multiple
people trying to write to the same file at the same time.

Two years ago I would not have imagined that I'd be programming groupware on
a UNIX-based server.  Ain't MetaCard great?  :)

--
:)
Richard MacLemale