Menu Woes

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 27 14:56:00 EDT 2002

>Something hosed my menubar, and I can't figure out how to fix it.
>
>I have a group named "menugroup", with a button "menubutton", and
>"File" and a few others with "Help" last.
>
>I have the stack set to show "menugroup" on Mac.
>
>But it doesn't recogize "menugroup" and there's no Mac menubar.
>I've tried changing the name.  I verified that there are no other
>"menugroups" in the stack (there was one but I deleted it from the
>stack).
>
>Also, in the "File" menu, "New/N" shows up as "New/N" and not "New
>Cmd+N" when I set edit menus to true so that I can see the menu.
>This is true regardless of whether I set the Preferences to Mac or
>Windows.
>
>Any clues, thoughts, anything?

Problem solved.  Somehow the style of each button was "popup" instead
of "pulldown" and this caused Metacard not to recognize the buttons
as Mac menubar buttons.  I recall editing a card last week, with a
number of (non menubar) option buttons on it, and trying out
different styles, colors, etc. via a script.  repeat with x = 1 to
the number of btns... and that caught and changed the menubar buttons
as well.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com