Saving a standalone

andu undo at cloud9.net
Thu Jun 27 12:58:00 EDT 2002

--On Thursday, June 27, 2002 11:57:24 -0400 Shari <gypsyware at earthlink.net>
wrote:

>> Actually, you can protect a stack as well as a standalone. Set the
>> cantModify to true, give it a password and save it. The only thing
>> someone with MC will be able to do is open your stack and view the cards
>> - they won't be able to view or change scripts, and even if they move
>> objects around, it won't be saved due to the cantModify. The scripts are
>> also encrypted so that text editors won't be able to see anything but
>> garbage.
>
> Ah but herein lies the dilemma... the reason for having an external stack
> in addition to the standalone, is to save data into since you can't save
> it in the standalone.  In other words, it's a dump file of sorts.

Well, there's other advantages to it among which being able to modify a
stack without having to make a standalone every time you do it, is one of
them.
If you consider a standalone as the ultimate security you're wrong since a
standalone is nothing more then the engine+stack so you can still open it
with a text editor and read the scripts if they are not encrypted.
Try breaking an encrypted stack and I'll give you a candy if you do it;-).