Synchronous FTP upload?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Jun 26 23:30:01 EDT 2002

At 10:36 PM -0700 6/25/02, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>Geoff Canyon wrote:
>
>> At 11:35 PM -0700 6/24/02, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>> I have a fairly complex setup in which I nee to avid race conditions, and
>>> using "put" seems to allow processing of other messages while it's
>>> connecting and uploading.
>>
>> Could you simply store and cancel all the pendingMessages, and then restore
>> them when you're done?
>
>I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  It's the native system messages I
>would ideally like to suppress.  Once upon a time I had thought "put" was
>synchronous that way....

Ah... I thought you were talking about the processing of messages sent...in. They could also go off during a lengthy download.

Postpone and handle later, or simply ignore?

If ignore (and maybe if postpone as well) you could insert a script in front that traps and discards all messages.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com