damn

FMoyer at aol.com FMoyer at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 10:00:01 EDT 2002

Woops. In my last email, I forgot to include Simon's original letter.

In a message dated 6/26/02 12:14:52 AM, slord at mac.com writes:

>I wish to alter the colour of every second line in a fld.  If
>any of you are running a Mac then in the iTunes app you'll see
>that all odd lines in your song list are white while the even
>lines are pale blue.  I tried using a pattern but failed to
>realize that the pattern was fixed.
>
>So, in the hopes that a solution exists, is there a way to have
>each odd or even line be alternate colour?

Try this:

on mouseup
  repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines in fld "test"
    if last char of x is in "02468" then set the backcolor of line x of fld
"test" to "218,255,255"
  end repeat
end mouseup

For these even colored lines, you'll have to type spaces all the way to the
end of the line, because as soon as there is no text, the backcolor stops.

Hope this helps
Fred Moyer