htmlText

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Jul 18 03:49:01 EDT 2002

At 10:12 PM -0400 7/15/02, Simon Lord wrote:
>I need to allow a user to type as regular text with formatting etc and then at the flip of the switch convert that to html and back again.  Can htmlText do that?  Anyone do anything fancy with it?

Sure, but don't actually convert. Instead, when you want to switch from raw HTML to rendered, do something like this:

set the storedHTML of this fld to this fld
set the htmlText of this fld to this fld

Then to switch back,

put the storedHTML of this fld into this fld.

Note that this won't allow for the possibility of the user editing the field while it is rendered. If you need that, it's a different kettle of fish.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com