Web-PHP-Metacard Process FAQ

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Tue Jul 16 14:19:01 EDT 2002

| Subject: Re: Web-PHP-Metacard Process FAQ

Pierre, excuse me for butting in here ..

| First : Do you have a linux box with apache, php and mc installed on it
| ? (If yes, it will be a piece of cake to explain how to run MC as a
| WAS).

	Swami has for deployment a Sun OS box with apache, php, and mc
	installed.  Yes.  So as long as Linux is not part of the
	required equation, ok.  Should be the latest of everything.

	Or, I have a Linux box with apache, mc, but i can't quite
	remember if php is linked into the apache, might be.  all are
	slightly older versions of everything, however.

| Second : How to get MC running in a long process mode, even in console
| mode (without XWindows)

Not sure what you mean by running in a long process mode?  We simply
installed the (pre-compiled) interpreter  (the file "mc") and are
running scripts using that.  Can you explain long process mode?
Sorry, never heard of it.

Sadhu