Keystroke equivalents in MetaCard

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Mon Jul 1 14:46:01 EDT 2002

On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 09:06 AM, John Kiltinen wrote:

....snip

> This behavior is the same on both Mac and Windows, and is the same if I
> am
> running things from a standalone or from within MetaCard.  It is also
> curious that if one has done a bit of moving around within the problem
> stack, then the keystroke equivalent works as intended.
This tells me that you have another stack (maybe invisible) that has
focus.  Its menus are not set up properly to handled the command - w.
Clicking on the stack that you think is causing the problem brings focus
to that stack and you have set its menus up properly.  My suggestion
would be to go through all stacks and make sure that the command -w is
handled the way it should be.

> Any ideas as to what is going on here?  In case it is relevant, I am
> working with version 2.3.2 of MetaCard.  I am suspicious that this is a
> subtle problem in MetaCard because I have found while scripting that I
> get
> a failure of the keystroke "command+V" for pasting when the menu shows
> that
> it is implemented.
>
> John Kiltinen
>
> PS:  Thanks to all who provided information about generating an e-mail
> message from within MetaCard a couple of weeks ago.

-Mark Talluto