dissolve effect

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Jan 31 02:53:00 EST 2002

At 10:54 AM -0800 1/30/2002, Leston Drake wrote:
>for example:
>   visual effect checkerboard
>   go to cd "myCard"
>
>works as expected, but
>   visual effect dissolve
>   go to cd "myCard"
>
>pauses (I suspect to "do" the effect) then goes to the card, but the effect
>is not seen...?

I suspect you may be running into differences in the way QuickTime does
visual effects. By default, in 2.4, the dissolve effect is done using
QuickTime, but if I remember correctly the checkerboard effect still uses
MC's built-in code.

Wipe is another one that's done by QuickTime. If a wipe shows the same
problem, I would suspect a QuickTime-specific problem.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!