Option buttons under OS X

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 24 21:52:00 EST 2002

Hi Everyone,

	Awhile ago I asked a question about option buttons under OS X, but
never got a response, so I thought I'd take another kick at the cat.
When an item in an option button --- also popup or pulldown buttons ---
is selected, the label of the button is set to the item selected.  I was
hoping that I coulod make them behave like checkboxes with their Shared
Hilite off, where the same checkbox can be checked on one card and
unchecked on another when it is part of a background.  This would make
option buttons much more useful as containers, and a good example of
this appears in Apple's Address Book application where the label of a
phone number field (e.g., Work, Home, Mobile, Fax, etc.) can be set
using an option button and, of course, can be different for each entry
in the address book.  Is there anyway to do this in MetaCard?

	Regards,

		Greg

Gregory Lypny
Concordia University
"Better for us if you don't understand."
	The Tragically Hip

http://rubbersoul.concordia.ca