formattedText size?

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Tue Jan 22 01:30:01 EST 2002

I asked this on the Rev list, but got no responses.  I'm looking for the
best way to set the textSize of a field to the maximum size the field
can contain without changing the size of the field.  So the field should
be able to accomodate anything from single words to multiple sentences,
all at the max textsize possible.  The fields are set to auto-wrap.  I
have a "repeat until.." script that sortof does the job by first setting
the textsize to a way-to-big number (200) then checks the
formattedheight and width to see if it exceeds the actual height and
width, if it does, it subtracts 5 from the textsize and repeats until it
does not.  It seems cumbersome...Does anyone have a better way?  Am I
missing something really simple? (probably).

thanks in advance,
mark mitchell
japan