mc & cgi: limiting users to one visit

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jan 21 20:25:01 EST 2002

Merci, Monsieur Sahores,

Couple more questions if you don't mind...

1) Do you know of any current web applications running using MC-cgi?
2) What is "long running process" - is it a compiled MC app which acts as a
server and is already loaded in memory on the server?
3) Can MC run on NT or 2000 as a cgi? If so, do you know where I can find
info on how to set it up? I would like to run it on my laptop for building
web apps, and then port to a Linux server.
4) What do you mean by "use PHP as one of the best MC apps compliant sockets
listener."

and some help if you like:

Chris and I have created a stack called "altSAFileUp Library" which enables
users to upload files via the <form type=file> to a server. If you have an
MC client app and wish to upload a file to a server, you can use this
library to do so. It creates the correct headers for all the form data on a
page, including multiple files, and uploads them in binary mode to the
server. While I've only tested it with the SAFileUp control, it should work
with any other server file upload controls on Mac, PC and Linux. Use it if
you like.

-Chipp