mc & cgi: limiting users to one visit

Nikorasu Kweto kweto at ma.nma.ne.jp
Sat Jan 19 17:40:01 EST 2002

Andu wrote back:

> > on startup
> >   if $REQUEST_METHOD is "POST" then
> >    put $REMOTE_ADDRESS into userAddress
>
> This should be $REMOTE_ADDR not $REMOTE_ADDRESS, my mistake and Apache's
> inconsistency

Thanks Andu.

The following also works and was inspired by the echo.mt script:

----------------------
repeat for each item i in the globals
   if i = "$REMOTE_ADDR" or i = "$REMOTE_ADDRESS" then
     put value(i) into userAddress
   end if
  end repeat

As all can see, yes, the actual name is $REMOTE_ADDR and, yes, I'm on
Apache.

Hope this may be of use to someone else in future.

Cheers.

 Nicolas Cueto                    |
 - Kinjo Gakuin University     | ".. You may know KungFu,
 - Nagoya Keizai University   |        but I know sendmail! .."
     Takakura Jr/Sr High       |
 - ETJ-Aichi, Sys Admin       |        http://kweto.com