mc & cgi: limiting users to one visit

Nikorasu Kweto kweto at ma.nma.ne.jp
Sat Jan 19 03:59:01 EST 2002

Andu (thankfully!) wrote:

> That's right, you can keep track of the global $REMOTE_ADDRESS such as
>
> on startup
> put $REMOTE_ADDRESS into userAddress

Sorry but this didn't work.

Here's the relevant portion of my script:

-------------
#!mc
global userAddress

on startup
  if $REQUEST_METHOD is "POST" then
   put $REMOTE_ADDRESS into userAddress
   read from stdin until empty
   put it after buffer
  end if

 put buffer & cr & userAddres into tData
 put tData into url "file:results.txt"

  -- etc etc
end startUp

I tried re-positioning the $REMOTE_ADDRESS elsewhere in the script, but
always only "buffer" gets writ onto the file (plus a cr).

Any idea where I've gone amiss?

Cheers.

 Nicolas Cueto                    |
 - Kinjo Gakuin University     | ".. You may know KungFu,
 - Nagoya Keizai University   |        but I know sendmail! .."
     Takakura Jr/Sr High       |
 - ETJ-Aichi, Sys Admin       |        http://kweto.com