Major problem with text boxes, buttons

Andrew Griffin prisimcomics at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 23:44:01 EST 2002

Hello, I am having a problem.  I've included a link to
a picture of what the problem is so everybody knows
what I'm talking about.  Here's the link:
http://home.att.net/~griffzero/imageproblem.jpg

Well, I've been working on a game in MetaCard 2.2.3
for months now and everything has been going smoothly
until this happened.  The text boxes and buttons now
have a white dither like pattern over them making them
practically impossible to read.  Just recently I have
installed a new GeForce 2 card and that is when this
seemed to have started showing up.  I have the latest
drivers for the card, so I don't think it's a driver
issue.  When I minimize the window and then open it
again the dithering effect is gone, but as soon as new
text is placed into the text box it reappears. Is
there anything I can do to get rid of this?  I don't
want to remove my new 3d card, so is there a work
around if it is the card?  My game makes great use of
text boxes and buttons, so any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thank you,

Andrew Griffin