Opening Rev stacks in MC (was Re: metacard digest, Vol 1 #57 - 18 msgs)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Jan 12 16:39:01 EST 2002

At 1:35 AM -0800 1/9/2002, JJB wrote:
>> You can develop in Rev and then
>> open the stack in Metacard (starter kit).  Now save.  Presto!  You have
>> a metacard stack.
>
>I tried to do that (open a Rev stack in MetaCard). No way. So how do you
>manage?

You're probably running into the file type filtering in the Open dialog.
MetaCard I believe filters its Open dialog by type signature/extension so
it only shows MC stacks.

You can get around this easily by typing this in the message box:

  answer file "Open which file?";if the result is empty then open stack it

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!