POST not working in 2.4.1?

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Fri Jan 11 20:07:01 EST 2002

Hello,

Has there been any response to Swami's query below?  I am
having a similar problem with Post.  Worked on 2.3. Fails
on 2.4 - IF - I build a standalone.

I'm using a mail reflector (Matt's FormMail.pl), I have some
code that:

	Hasn't changed

	Works from a Windows standalone that was built under 2.3

	Works as an interpreted (.mc) file from within the 2.4
	development environment

	Does Not Work when compiled into a 2.4 standalone for Windows.

I would think this is either a bug, or some resource I'm missing?  I
moved all resources into the stack.

I get the same behavior as SivaKatirswami, namely, the "it" returned
by the post command is empty (and nothing happens).

The code line is something like this (name of webserver changed to
protect the innocent).

Post tText to url  "http://www-sd.castandcrew.com/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl"

Be happy to hear from anyone who has a work around before I send in
a bug report.

Thanks!
Sadhu