[REQ] move at, import snapshot into

curry at kagi.com curry at kagi.com
Thu Jan 10 20:17:01 EST 2002

I really enjoy the elegance of MetaTalk and all the capabilities that were
thoughtfully put in for convenience and power. (Such a step up from what I
used before!) This leads me to suggest a couple of possible syntax
additions--nothing which can't be done now, but which could be even more
powerful/convenient:

for a more convenient equivalent to

set the moveSpeed to <speed>
move <object> to <point>

It would seem trivial for a single move here and there, but would be very
useful, like the existing "in" parameter, for moving several or many objects
at different speeds.

2. import snapshot from <rect> into <container>

This would would actually add real feature as well as scripting convenience,
because in appropriate situations, putting the snapshot info directly into a
variable or existing image would be much faster and more efficient, without
manipulating and deleting objects.

Thanks,

Curry Kenworthy