why metacard?

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Wed Jan 9 04:02:01 EST 2002

I think I'm stupid.  Check that.  I know I'm stupid, but I think I've
displayed blatantly once again.  I just bought Rev.  Why?  Because I've
been a long time hyper/super/meta card user and they had such a good
cross-grade deal.  I saved 800 bucks. Also, I kinda thought meta and rev
were the same company or something.  I was under the impression that
Meta was being phased out and would soon be replaced by Rev.  I once
asked on this list what the relationship was, but no one replied or
explained. So does Metacard have the same cross-grade deal?  If they do,
and I had known, I would've gone for meta, because it's tried and true.
And as someone mentioned...on all platforms and computers I have tried,
it is stable as a rock.  I love metacard.  When I beta tested Rev, it
was of course, very buggy.  But I have to say, they did a dynamite job
on the interface and cleaining up most of the bugs.  It looks beautiful
now and for the most part, behaves beautifully.  But when it doesn't
behave, there is a sly work-around.  You can develop in Rev and then
open the stack in Metacard (starter kit).  Now save.  Presto!  You have
a metacard stack.  No need for a standalone.  So if you are worried
about the stability of your Rev (non-standalone) stacks, I would suggest
simply converting them to metacard.

mark mitchell
Japan