"Integrated Development Environment"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Mon Jan 7 21:27:00 EST 2002

erik hansen wrote:

>> "Integrated Development Environment"
>>
>>> "hate GUIs" must mean you like to craft your
>> own?
>>
>> Sometimes.  There's always a question of return
>> on investment with such
>> things.  I've been working with MC since before
>> Rev was announced, so I've
>> amassed a fair collection of tools to augment
>> MC's somewhat spartan IDE.
>> Rev has a lot of the same stuff -- and a whole
>> lot more -- already built
>> into their IDE.
>>
>> --
>> Richard Gaskin
>> Fourth World Media Corporation
>
> are any of these extras circulating as shareware
> and is it couth to discuss the subject on this
> list? there are around a dozen pro developers
> whose names are familiar from the HC list, and i
> do intend to peruse them all to the last page,
> it's just that right now my brain is borderline
> overloaded, partly with ecstasy over all the
> things MetaCard makes available... like COLOR!

Indeed, it isn't HyperCard 3.0 -- it's HyperCard 5.0  :)

There are a lot of tools floating around, although they're a bit spread out
and sometimes hard to find.  Most of the good ones can be found at RunRev's
site, and on http://www.MCTools.org/

There are a few goodies at my FTP site, but I should warn you that a lot of
this stuff is a "work in progress":  we make them available to friends and
clients to help their work, but don't consider them "productized" as yet*.
But if you don't mind some "as is", here 'tis:   <ftp://ftp.fourthworld.com>

*Stephen McConnell offers this definition for the difference between a tool
and a product:

    With a tool it need only be possible to use it correctly.
    With a product it should be impossible to use it incorrectly.

:)

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish your database on the Web