why MetaCard?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Mon Jan 7 19:34:00 EST 2002

erik hansen wrote:

> STABILITY (no crashes) seems to be the main motif.

In all fairness, Rev 1.1 addressed a lot of the sort of issue one would
expect with a 1.0 release, and 1.1.1 is even better.

> SCOTT was the constant refrain.

And please allow me to sing another chorus of that popular tune.  Having
been active in the industry since 1987, I've never experienced support like
what Scott Raney delivers.  Truly in a class by himself.

> guess the meaning of IDE will become clear soon
> enough.

"Integrated Development Environment"

> "hate GUIs" must mean you like to craft your own?

Sometimes.  There's always a question of return on investment with such
things.  I've been working with MC since before Rev was announced, so I've
amassed a fair collection of tools to augment MC's somewhat spartan IDE.
Rev has a lot of the same stuff -- and a whole lot more -- already built
into their IDE.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish your database on the Web