Win problems 'putting' from server

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 16:52:01 EST 2002

At 12:23 pm -0800 7/1/02, David Frank wrote:
>I am using the put command to download a text file
>from a server using the form:
>put url http://etc. etc./filename into downLoadedData
>This works splendidly on the Mac, but does not work on
>two of the Windows machines that we have.  The file
>does show up if we type in the URL using a browser
>(yes, we are connected!), but it doesn't import using
>Metacard scripting. Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

It should work the same from Windows as from a Mac. Are you using the
latest release? (2.4.1)

Is it a public url? If so, if you let me know the url, I'll give it a
try from here.

If not, try the following, and see what you get in the message box:

get url http://etc. etc./filename
put the result

Cheers
Dave Cragg