(no subject)

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jan 6 10:53:00 EST 2002

>hello, my name is erik hansen and i have just
>purchased MetaCard. the thing i am wondering
>about most is editing. is there a MC equivalent
>to HC's:
>
>Variable Watcher
>Message Watcher
>Script Editor
>
>can i step, trace, and set debug checkpoints?
>
>this info is probably right in front of me, but
>all the new material is overwhelming right now.

There is a Script Debugger item under the Tools menu. It combines
debugger (step, trace) with Variable Watcher into one. Its GUI is
different but the functionality basically parallel to HC. It allows
to set breakpoints (debug checkpoints).

Script Editor is there but you must first launch MC and then open
your stack to run MC in the developer mode. Double-clicking the stack
opens MC in a Player mode.

Message Watcher is not part of MC but you can try my Message Watcher utility.

http://www.robelko.com/metacard/mw.html

It does not fully replicate the MW of HC but you might find it useful anyway.

Robert