Stackfile Handler in OS X

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sat Jan 5 19:16:00 EST 2002

At 10:10 PM -0500 1/4/02, Gregory Lypny wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I noticed that calls to substacks (e.g. go to stack "X") based on the stackfile handler below, that I use in all my older stacks, does not work in OS X unless each of the substacks is opened individually first.  Any thoughts on this?
>
>------ script in main stack -------
>on preOpenStack
>  get the effective fileName of this stack
>  set the itemDelimiter to "/"
>  put empty into last item of it
>  set the directory to it
>  set the itemDelimiter to comma
>end preOpenStack
>
>	Greg

You shouldn't need to do this -- the directory is automatically set to wherever the current executable is. That means that when you build an application, go stack "x" will open a stack named "x" as long as it is in the directory with your app. While you are developing, that means you need to have these substacks in the directory with MetaCard.

regards,

Geoff