dateCalculations before 1970 and after 2037

Ernst M. Reicher e.reicher at aon.at
Sat Jan 5 14:33:01 EST 2002

> From: diskot123 at juno.com
> To: metacard at lists.runrev.com
> Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:32:55 -0500
> Subject: re: dateCalculations before 1970 and after 2037
>
> >Does anybody know how to work around MCs inability to calculate dateTime
> =
> >before 1970 and after 2037???
> Yeah what you need to do (what I did) is come up with routines to
> dd/mm/yyyy and time to julian date and then write a few routines to
> convert from julian date back to a string, to and from dateitems, and
> calculate the day of week from julian date.
>
> Tuviah

Sorry,
but this sounds a little bit too complicated...
why does MCs convert to dateitems not work outside this ranges??
e.g. just to get the proper weekday of a day 50 years plus 10 days in future
should work with it
get the date
convert it to dateitems
add 50 to item 1 of it
add 10 to item 3 of it
convert it to dateitems
and as usual the last item should be the weekday
but MC returns invalid date!!!!

it must be a bug!!

Regards,
          Ernst