Change font of script editor in MC 2.3.2

Tereza Snyder tereza at attainmentcompany.com
Thu Jan 3 11:20:01 EST 2002

on 01.03.02 09:49 AM, Larry_R_Huisingh at rl.gov wrote:

> I would like to change the font used in the script editor (MC 2.3.2 -
> Win32).  I know I can change it while I am editing but I want to be able to
> change the default used for every script.

I use a font (on the Mac) called ProFont, which exaggerates the characters
of interest to programmers: numbers, certain punctuation, I vs l etc. To get
MetaCard to use it, I run a customizing script in my private utilities stack
every time I get a new MCTools stack. The script changes the TextFont of the
editor field in the stack "script editor" (which is a substack of the
"MetaCard Menu Bar" stack). Save the tools stack after the change, and there
you go! But be sure you haven't opened any scripts during the session when
you run the customizing script, or extra copies of the script editor
("Script Editor 1", etc.) will be saved along with the prototype script
editor stack (plain "Script Editor") and they won't have the new font.

In my customizing script, I also set the default positions of the palettes,
change colors, and other details.

tereza

+ Tereza Snyder
+ Senior Software Developer