Print dialogs on the Mac

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Jan 2 06:30:01 EST 2002

on 30/12/01 8:06 AM, fuegox at mac.com at fuegox at mac.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 29, 2001, at 09:12 PM, David Epstein wrote:
>> But is there any way to know what the user has chosen in these dialogs?  For
>> example, can my script take account of whether the user has chosen landscape
>> or portrait, or reduce or enlarge?
>
> While I do not think you can read what they select from the driver
> dialogs, they will function as the user uses the different features.

An old whinge, but one I think worth repeating.  Not only does MetaCard/Rev
not allow a program to access this information, it also does not allow a
program to set it.    Other environments (eg RealBasic) do, at least to the
extent of allowing apps to save a setup.  As a result I have some RealBasic
apps which I've not been able to move over to MC/Rev.  I do wish that better
printing support could be added.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866